Sunday, May 30, 2010

Got Our Plants In Today

Great idea for the blog! And we're so excited to have some space to plant in - thanks to all for including us. We got some things planted today -- two tomato plants, two basil and a pepper plant, and we left space for a couple other herbs and a second pepper plant. CS, I left you a message today, we need to get together on who's planting where and if y'all are doing more. We went down the far side because I wasn't sure about the middle there. Saw what you must have put in though - looks great! And whose pineapple sage? YUM!

I was just thinking about all this wonderful rain and hoping our space isn't a complete mud puddle. I think tomorrow I may go spread some straw over and around our little bed - if anyone else wants some, we have a partial straw bale leftover from our fall porch decorations. It's in the woods behind our house right now. I need to check on it, but if it's still fairly tied together, maybe I can just bring the whole thing to the garden and put it in the far corner to be used as needed? Anyone else think they'd use some? The last thing I want to do is take up space that would be used for something else.

Anyway, looking forward to this endeavor - our first gardening experience. BB, thanks again for starting the blog!

RC

No comments:

Post a Comment