Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bad straw and an excuse to be social

So . . . the straw in the woods turned out to be much more decomposed than I expected. (From the kitchen window it looked so good, right?) Sorry. Anyway, I am hunting new straw, which is apparently tough to find this time of year unless you know a farmer, which I don't. (Except my fellow community gardners of course.) My mom tends to have ins on things like this, and she's coming up on Saturday, so I'm hoping she may be able to hook us up. To be continued . . .

On another subject, I'd like to propose a little early-evening gathering sometime soon to toast in the gardening season together - and hopefully convince someone to do a blessing for our garden. I asked BB about this, and she had someone in mind we could ask to come do the blessing (one of the deans, I think?). I was thinking there would be room to spread out a picnic blanket or two in the grass in front of the gate, and maybe we could share some some cheese and crackers and perhaps some champagne and sparkling apple juice! A little garden-christening happy hour of sorts. We'd be happy to bring all the goodies. I was thinking maybe sometime next week or weekend. Would we all be here?

3 comments:

  1. I agree - the gathering sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JB has contacted Fr. Walter about the blessing, waiting to hear back about his schedule. Are there any nights that won't work?I love this idea! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete